the past few days have been quite random... i went down to exotic sikeston, mo to go with my friend kristin visit her parents... it was a great way for both of us to have permission to not think about job stuff and just be... tomorrow i'm leaving to denver with my friends sara, david, and meghan to visit our friend nick and all the other peeps that are out there planting a church... i'm looking forward to a week of just being and not thinking about all this stressful stuff...
along those lines but not really, last night i saw garden state, the new movie from zach braff, the guy from scrubs. it is amazing! it is not perfect by any means, but he truly gives voice to our generation, the generation that has been numb for too long and now desires to live and feel, even if it is the most painful thing in the whole wide world...
his thoughts so reflect where i'm at... this stage of my life sucks... but i wouldn't trade it for the world. i'm growing. i'm getting to know myself in a whole new light. i'm getting to know god in a whole new light. and i'm still hoping this will end soon.
in the meantime, i'm off to denver... as i said before, i'm doing my best to live in the right here right now. i hope that you give permission to yourself to do so as well.
ps - check out zach braff's blog at gardenstate.typepad.com
Tuesday, August 31, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
thats a pretty close description of how i felt with garden state...i did like it overall but i was a LITTLE disappointed because my expectations were extremely high...and i think i was a little disappointed because it is flawed. which is not unusual considering its his directorial debut.
Hey...I know you don't know me...I'm Kelly Dolan's little sister...
Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I too agree with you about Garden State, and I've heard it echoed throughout a large group of people from our generation - that the movie totally resonates with them. I agree with you...While life situations suck, you can learn SO much from them.
It's funny, I know the movie was flawed in parts, but that's what made it perfect. The fact that it wasn't perfect is what made it perfect. It somewhat echoes the characters life...Their lives aren't perfect, they're flawed, but they're beautiful none the less. Just as Garden State was.
Just my thoughts...Thanks for your post...Have a good time in Denver.
Post a Comment