Thursday, August 25, 2005

they call me debbie downer

the last few days i've been sad. and now i'm angry. everything in my path is a "son of a bitch" or a "stupid mother fucker". even the timers at work to let me know that the coffee is expired is a "smf". i've been supporting my mild food addiction through any means i can find. and sleeping like there's no tomorrow.

yes, friends, i'm depressed.

this blog seems to be a continual debbie downer...

why do we humans continually choose to act out of hatred instead of love (myself included)? don't we realize that we hurt those we love along the way? why must we be so selfish and try and secure our own space, our own self? why do we fear being abandoned and/or being crushed?

why do i forget on a regular basis that the trinity is there to be with me in the midst of it all? to nurture me? to transform me? to satisfy my deepest desires?

i'm not shaming myself. i'm really wondering... what is that all about?

why do i want to believe that the trinity is not enough when i know he/she/it/they fully is/are?

1 comment:

Jackie R. said...

That's so "funny" - I have days where sob and smf describe many things in my world... much to Mark's dismay.
...depressed sucks huh?
Actually - I was coming here to ask you about the trinity thing - I have noticed it for awhile but never asked... but I imagine there is probably an interesting significance to that (replacing the term God with the trinity)... and I am always interested in things like that.
Anyway I imagine the answer is probably long so no need to answer any time soon... that takes energy and depression = no energy. just throwing the ? out there...