there are many things about myself that I don't know - it feels like ambiguity reigns at times...
and there are a few things that I know are very true to who I am.
one of them has been in my face for the past few i don't know how long. it's been reaffirming and challenging.
i'm a "space-maker".
what does that mean?
i like to create space. whether at my home, or somewhere else, in conversation, etc., i like to create space. i know that i might not have the wisest thing to say or do. however, i know that at times the best thing to do is to give people space and then let them do whatever they want with that space - my hope would be that they would use that space to have god meet them in whatever way possible. yet they get to do whatever they want with that space.
and i'm good at it too!!!
last week a friend of mine called me from puerto rico because she was in planning her friends bridal shower/bachellorette party - she just wanted to run by me what she had planned and wanted to make sure that there was enough for people to do and enough for people to be, "and you're good at that balance, so what do you think?"
i don't know what this means for the rest of my life or for the real immediate future. all i know is that in little steps, in my daily life, i like to create space. so i will keep doing that. we'll see how god uses it. we'll see how god uses me.
Wednesday, May 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i for one love the times I share space with you and the times i inhabit the space you create. i'm curious to see where this thought/life skill takes you :)
I think that is such an interesting thing to know about yourself - and so true from my experience. What a wonderful gift you have! I also look forward to seeing how this gift plays itself out in your life.
Also, Thanks for your comment - it brought a much needed smile!
Post a Comment