Monday, December 20, 2004

i'm still alive!!!

i'm back!!!

this whole not having internet at home is really a pain in the ass... i feel disconected from everyone - so sucks!!

and there are many thoughts in my brain... the main one is this whole incarnation deal... god decided to take human form and be born through a birth canal... what the hell is this all about?!!? i've been reading some good stuff on incarnation - god becoming human, on us living in incarnation (god with us), and the incarnation manifested through art.

i read this one essay on dance and how the incarnational lifestyle is expressed through this beautiful artform... i've been chewing on it for a while, love how are bodies are created to express so much without having to us a single word. last night at axis my friend becca did a dance to breath of heaven. honestly, not a big fan of the song, but she was beautiful!!! there's something about the human body, the human creation, the movement it makes, the story it tells - i haven't been led in worship like that in a while... it just makes me miss dancing myself.

during this christmas season, i challenge you to explore this whole business of god becoming human. and like jarrett stevens said last night in axis, this whole god "in" us deal... god in us. living in us. manifested in us. in humanity.

2 comments:

Nick Richtsmeier said...

Vivian,

What interesting reflections on the practicality of incarnation... on a slightly less practical note - I have been reading a book called "The Human Being: Jesus and the Enigma of the Son of the Man" which I think you would find terribly interesting. Some conclusions that I find a little off the deep end, but in general some really really fabulous stuff...

nr

PS - Check out my blog nickrichtsmeier.blogspot.com for my reflections on what I read...

Jackie R. said...

Hey Vivian-
Do you have the article or is it on the internet? I would love to read it and another girl in my small group (Jenni Schmitz) would love it too. One of my "things that surprise people about me" is that I danced until I graduated from college - ballet, jazz, tap, pointe etc. :)