Tuesday, September 12, 2006

get r done!

i hate that phrase... it's probably one of the most sexist expressions of all time. still, it is the one in my head when it comes to this job bullshit.

yesterday i applied to 11 jobs... that's right, ELEVEN. i've already heard from some of them. i have a phone interview with one of them this week as well as an interview for administrative assistant at a mortgage company. gotta heart the wikipedia for the crash course on it.

so hopefully that means that i'll have a job by oct. 1st. however, i've felt like this in the past and i end up in square one. i pray that's not the case this time around.

is it too much to ask for? a decent paying job that is just that, a job? i would like to go home and live life and pay attention to what matters. it's hard to make the jump unto "corporateland" when i've been working for churches basically my whole life.

that's what matters to me the most. god makes sense in the reality that we live. it is that intersection that drives me. not how much money i can make or help a company make. and the bills need to be paid, so, let's get r done!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay - here's my question that I really think is in tandem with yours. Or is perhaps what you're saying, just in my words...not yours ;)

Why is all the focus on climbing the corporate ladder and having a great career? Is it so bad to want to be able to pay the bills and not have huge gigantic job aspirations? To have dreams and hopes and goals that have nothing to do with the job?

Sorry for the rant! All that to say - I hear what you want friend - and I pray that you find it soon!!

Jackie R. said...

I know who is ALWAYS hiring! :) My work! For real - full time, part time etc... With your experience with students you would be awesome as well as help with the organization trying to keep the staff as diverse as the clients. (You could translate their profanity for me!)

Anyhow, even if it was only something you wanted to do for a little while they are always hiring...

http://excelsioryc.org/openings.html#counseling

just a thought :)

also - people that don't offer benefits at 40 hours a week are... well... stupid.

Eve said...

CRAP!!! A guy I work with said this to me today!!!! And I just read it last night so I thought in my head....yikes...